The Pennsylvania House Democratic Campaign Committee seeks qualified persons to serve as Field Organizers to complete our deep canvassing program that will run through April 2022. At the conclusion of the program, all Field Organizers will be offered an opportunity to stay with the HDCC for the 2022 electoral field program. Roles for the 2022 field program include: Regional Field Directors, Vote by Mail Director, Vote by Mail Organizers and Digital Organizer.
These are campaign cycle, full-time position with benefits based in various regions. We are currently seeking applicants who reside near, or are willing to relocate near: Pittsburgh, PA; Harrisburg, PA; Scranton, PA; Philadelphia, PA or the Collar Counties (Bucks, Delaware, Chester or Montgomery)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implement committee field plan, including deep canvassing operations;
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers;
- Meet weekly voter contact and communication goals;
- Maintain relationships with community leaders and local activists.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Docs;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to handle face-to-face interactions with supporters;
- Commitment to the values and ideals of the Democratic Party.
Field Organizer salary is $3,700 a month ($200 of which is non-taxable reimbursement for travel and technology expenses).
- Should you be promoted (in June) to either a Regional Field Director, Vote by Mail Director or Digital Organizer, your salary would increase to $4,500.
- Should you be promoted (in June) to a Vote by Mail Organizer, your salary would increase to $4,000.
A platinum level health insurance package including medical, dental and vision is offered. To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Organizing”. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.
PA HDCC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.